Thursday, March 6, 2014

Author Photography by Jane posted on 1:11 AM in ,
Back in February I took the recently-turned-10 child to Taupo for a few days.  Actually we weren't sure we were going to Taupo until we got there.  We didn't have a reason to go anywhere, a place we needed to be, or any idea what fun we might strike along the way.

It was AWESOME.  Don't get me wrong, I love the smallest child dearly... but she is quite high maintenance, their rivalry is fierce and I sometimes seem to spend more time trying to keep them apart than spending time with them in harmony!  I'm sure some of you can relate to this!

Anyway.. I learned a few things about him.. I discovered he has inherited my sense of adventure, wonder and probably a bit of the creative stuff too.  Before long HE was suggesting we stop on the side of the road and look for places to take photos.  Ha!  Maybe it's just because I've requested it of him so many times before.  He did take his camera though and was clicking away... so that is hopefully a start of something!

And yes... he often ends up topless.  I'm not a weirdo pervert or a crazy person (well..actually... haha), but I like my images timeless and classic... and when's the last time raggedy denim went out of fashion?!

Anyway... the journey began...


Can't possibly not stop on the Desert Road!! 


I have driven this road so many times and always wanted to stop here.  Finally without impatient hubby on board, we could stop where we liked!!

It was about 8 pm... we almost didn't really notice the sunset..
  
Frolicking...




He really reminds me of the little hunched guy in Frankenstein... I plan to work on this image a bit more..


I'm a huge roadtrip fan.. my car.. driving... is my favourite place to reflect and process.. and of course sing where nobody can hear me (thankfully for them)

We decided to come home via National Park.. which really was a beauiful decision.  Scenery for Africa.. well.. New Zealand actually.


If you're as old as me (OLD) you might remember the movie "Smash Palace".  A good chunk of it was filmed at "Horopito Motors" which is one of my favourite places on earth.  It's the perfect combination of car history, junk, vintage, industrial metal and nature slowly taking over.. by that I mean alot of moss, rust and trees growing out of car bonnets!  

Bailey wanted this to look like a mugshot.. hmm.. not his best work haha.





Hubcaps!!

There is also a LOT of dust in this place!  The whole upstairs is what they call a "mueseum" despite it all being for sale. I can imagine if you were restoring an old car, this would be a place you could spend alot of time in.  I really don't need an excuse!






There are literally acres and acres...









I do love a good reflection photo..


And then we were home!

2 comments:

  1. I hear this place is pretty cool, you should take photos of me there some time

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are old, what am I? lol. Love the random gorilla mask you just happen to have with you..

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

I'm an NZIPP qualified Wellington based Wedding & Portrait Photographer. I live with my husband, 2 kids, 3 cats and 2 dogs. And some fish. And a rat. I have a home studio, and a backyard that most people never want to leave. I'm fun, lighthearted and I love to chat... you'll be giggling and smiling before you know it. Even if it is at my dumb jokes! Need some new photos? Drop me a line and I'll hook you up (haha, there goes the first dumb joke!)